Original story below:
Anyone following this blog knows that while I am a pretty big fan of Forza Motorsport, I have been waiting for a really long time for Polyphony Digital to finally announce the next game in the Gran Turismo series. It looks like that day is finally coming tomorrow! Gran Turismo Sport, while not exactly “Gran Turismo 7” will be unveiled during a special event in the UK tomorrow. I am not sure exactly what they have in store but its my hope that we’ll see some gameplay footage and at least a few hard details about the game (amount of cars, new tracks, new modes, release date, etc.).
Though with video game trade show E3 less than a month away I have a feeling some of the major tidbits will be held back until Sony holds its annual pre-E3 press conference in June. Either way I am pretty excited to see what is offered up tomorrow and extremely jealous of anyone that gets to be there in person! Luckily for me and the rest of us who won’t physically be there, the entire event will be live streamed on PlayStation’s YouTube channel at 10:30am PT. I’ve taken the liberty of embedding the video below so it will be even easier for you to find it tomorrow morning.
UPDATE: The official release date has been announced! Gran Turismo Sport will be available on November 15th 2016 and will be offered with several retailer specific pre-order bonuses available today.
Everyone who pre-orders Gran Turismo Sport will get a three pack of cars including:
- Ford Mustang Group B Rally Car
- Toyota FT-1 Vision GT Group 3
- Peugeot 906 HDi FAP LMP1
Here are the retailer pre-order exclusives:
- GameStop – 2x Early Access Bonus Cars
- Chevrolet Corvette Group 3
- Nissan NISMO GT-R GT3 N24
- PlayStation Store
- GT Themed PS4 Avatars
- GT Sport Dynamic Theme
- $500,000 In-Game Credit
- $500,000 In-Game Credit
There will also be a Gran Turismo Sport Limited Edition available for $69.99. The Limited Edition includes:
- GT Sport Starter Pack (8x Cars) – Gain immediate access to cars within various race class, including GT4, Rally, and more
- $1MM In-Game Credit – Build and customize your personalized garage
- Livery Sticker Pack – Bonus livery of numerous brands and logos
- 30x PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars – Based on selected GT Sport featured vehicles
- Racing Helmet – For your customized driver profile
- Limited Edition Steel Book and Packaging
UPDATE #2: Official Gameplay Trailer Released! Watch Below
Are you excited for Gran Turismo Sport? What new features, cars, and tracks do you want to be announced? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or tweet to us at @MotorworldHype.
Gran Turismo Sport Unveiling Live Stream:
[Source: PlayStation Blog]