Polyphony Digital has just announced a March Gran Turismo Sport (GT Sport) which brings 13 new cars, a new track, three new events, and a few other features.
Since this is called the “March 2018” update, and there are only a few days left in the month, if this update isn’t up by the time you read this, it will likely be out soon.
So, what specifically is in this GT Sport update? I’d say the headline are the 13 new cars which include the following:
- 2016 Lexus au TOM’s RC F (Gr.2)
- 2016 Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (Gr.2)
- 2016 Honda RAYBRIG NSX CONCEPT-GT (Gr.2)
- 2014 Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard (Gr.X)
- 2016 Aston Martin DB11 (N600)
- 1989 BMW M3 Sport Evolution (N200)
- Eckerts Rod & Custom Mach Forty (N800)
- 1966 Ford GT40 Mark I (N400)
- 2017 Lexus RC F GT3 Emil Frey Racing (Gr.3)
- 1990 Mazda RX-7 GT-X FC (N200)
- 2017 Nissan GT-R NISMO (N600)
- 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec R33 (N300)
What about the new track? Well it looks like legendary time-attack course Tsukuba Circuit will be coming to Gran Turismo Sport. It’s a little shocking that such an iconic Japanese track wasn’t in the game at launch but oh well, its here now!
When it comes to new events, there are three being served up in “GT League”. The first is the “Nissan GT-R Cup” this one-make series will be in the beginner league and is exclusively for Godzilla.
The second event is the “Red Bull X-Junior Series”. This event will be in the Amateur League and is another one-make event featuring the Red Bull X2014 Jr. race car.
The third and final event is the “All-Japan GT Car Championships”. This event will be in the Professional League and is a Group 2 category event and is open to production-car based GT race cars.
Finally a new feature coming in the update is “VR Time Trial” which basically adds VR mode to time trials. Oh, one more thing “Cherry Blossoms” has been added to the “features” area of the “Scapes” mode.
There might be something I’ve missed but that’s most of it. You can learn more about the update in its entirety in the trailer video below.
What are you most excited about in this update if anything? Let us know in the comments below or tweet to us at @MotorworldHype!
GT Sport March 2018 1.15 Update trailer: