Check it out, Cosworth sent us information on their brand new Subaru EJ257 inlet manifold just before it goes on sale to the public. They’ve been working on this for a while and they’ve finally perfected a high flow inlet manifold with a plenum designed to work with any Subaru EJ257 engine that has a front mount intercooler. If you have a front mount intercooler kit that is made to work with the stock Subaru plenum it will work fine with Cosworth’s new manifold. Look at how serious it is sitting in the engine bay! FRESH!
The Cosworth Subaru High Volume Inlet Manifold is cast from aluminum featuring large tapered runners with radiused inlets for improved air flow. Plenum volume has been substantially increased and tuned for power. Engineered for easy installation and is the key to making big power. The Cosworth EJ257 plenum is designed for use with the 2004-2009 STI engines equipped with electronic throttle control.
The Cosworth High Volume Inlet Manifold replaces the factory Subaru plenum in vehicles equipped with an aftermarket front-mounted intercooler (FMIC) kit. Throttle body position remains stock, ensuring fitment with any brand FMIC kit designed for the stock throttle body and intake manifold. For 2008-2009 Subaru STIs the Cosworth FMIC kit (p/n 20005378) is highly recommended.
• Substantially increased plenum volume
• Large, tapered runners with radius inlets
• Tuned plenum volume and runner length/taper
• Over 10% increase in flow
• Integral vacuum manifold for connection of brake booster, boost gauge, MAP sensor, boost controller, etc.
• Will work with standard or forward mount electronic throttle body configurations
• Stock throttle body location for compatibility with most aftermarket FMIC kits