It’s hard to learn the story of Tony Stark/Iron Man and not be inspired to create something that could aid in making life better for everyone. However doing something like that requires a ton of resources, namely money! Thankfully for all you innovators out there Audi USA is doing their part to help someone’s idea become a reality. They are the official sponsors of the “Tony Stark Innovation Challenge“.
Starting tomorrow this challenge will call on you to record yourself explaining your innovative idea that will make life better through technology. You can then upload your video to the challenge website where people can rate and comment on your idea. The winner of the contest gets $15,000 to make their idea a reality! Cool stuff huh?
Audi announces “The Tony Stark Innovation Challenge”
- Contest calls for ideas for “living better through technology”
- Winner receives $15,000 to help fund their idea and a tech-lovers’ adventure
- Social media program to support the Audi Iron Man 2 integration
HERNDON, Va., Apr 27, 2010 – In celebration of the April 26 world premiere of Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment’s Iron Man 2 in Los Angeles, Audi of America, Inc., announced that it is launching a social media competition called “Stark Expo & Audi Present: The Tony Stark Innovation Challenge” in support of its prominent presence in the film, which releases on May 7. Beginning April 28, consumers can submit up to two-minute videos that showcase their ideas for better living through the use of technology, just as Tony Stark did with the Stark Expo. Participants then must rally members of their Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and other social media networks to rate, comment, and discuss their ideas. Full contest information and rules are available at www.TonyStarkInnovationChallenge.com.
“Achieving progress through technology is the message behind Iron Man 2, and this idea is fundamental to Audi,” said Scott Keogh, Chief Marketing Officer, Audi of America. “The partnership in Iron Man 2 celebrates our shared focus on innovation, and this contest allows anyone with a great idea to not just express it, but potentially make a true difference within their industry.”
“The Tony Stark Innovation Challenge” mirrors Tony Stark’s desire to take Stark Industries in a new direction, using his vast intellect and resources to eradicate problems through technology. Submissions will be judged by Audi on their ability to:
• Make the world a better place by solving a problem or improving an existing solution
• Articulate and demonstrate expertise of the “better living through technology” philosophy
• Have a scalability and adaptability to potentially change the way we live
• Showcase innovation, adventures, and intelligence worthy of Audi and Tony Stark
• Appeal to the general audience as viewer ratings will help determine top entries
The winner will receive:
• $15,000 in funding to develop their concept
• Their experience documented and featured on www.audiusa.com
• A four-day trip for two to California including air transportation, hotel and meals
• Transportation in the latest innovation from Audi, the 2011 A8
• Spa treatments, tailored cocktail attire, and grooming to perfect their Stark style
• A tour of Audi Design Center in Santa Monica
• A VIP day with the ICON Aircraft team, joining them in flight and water testing of the innovative ICON A5 aircraft (one of Tony Stark’s toys)
• A day at the Audi Sports Car Experience to drive Tony Stark’s favorite car, the Audi R8 on a racetrack
Audi will also be lending its support to the film through activities including a month-long late night TV and national cable campaign and an online presence on Fandango.com and Movies.com. The brand is also unveilng an all-new Audi Iron Man ad that will run in cinemas in the month leading up to the film release. Additionally, Audi is sponsoring the re-launch of Marvel.com that will include a digital comic book featuring the R8 Spyder.
Tony Stark will be seen throughout Iron Man 2 in his Audi R8 Spyder, the new soft top convertible version of the R8 super car which was featured in the first Iron Man. In addition to the R8 Spyder, the A8 sedan will also be showcased in the film.
The video submission period starts April 28, 2010 and ends June 9, 2010. The voting period starts April 28, 2010 and ends June 13, 2010. Approved submissions will be posted to the site within 48 hours. Users can rate video submissions once per day, for the length of the contest participation period on a scale from one to five. Final ratings will be calculated toward the final score of each entry and will help determine the grand prize winner. Finalists will be selected shortly after the submissions end. Clearance, notifications and interviews will take place between June 17, 2010 and June 25, 1010, and the winner will be announced the week of June 28, 2010. Prizes will be redeemed in August 2010. Submissions are only accepted in English and from residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C. who are 18 and over and who possess a valid driver’s license.