DiRT 4 from Codemasters is coming out in a little more than a month which means the publisher is starting to get much more comfortable with showing the world what to expect once we get the rally racing game in our hands. A new gameplay trailer dropped just a short while ago revealing some of the vehicles that will be available in-game and it looks like they are really throwing the kitchen sink at us. It appears that just about any type of off-road race car will be an option in DiRT 4; Rallycars, Rallycross cars, Rallycross superlites, trucks, buggies, its all there!
Some of the environments shown off in the trailer include forrest stages, Rallycross tracks, asphalt, gravel, snow, rain, night racing which is pretty much everything that any rally racing or off-road racing fan would ask for.
Time will tell just how well everything is executed but the DiRT series has never disappointed before and things continue to look promising. Hopefully we will get a chance to review the game before it is released on June 6th and give you our take on if it is worth the $59.99 asking price. Until then, check out the new gameplay trailer below and share your opinions with us in the comments or tweet to us at @MotorworldHype. By the way, the trailer can be viewed at 60fps if you are using chrome as your browser so we would recommend viewing it that way if possible.
DiRT 4 Gameplay trailer:
DiRT® 4™ GAMEPLAY TRAILER RELEASED, SHOWCASES BREADTH OF OFF-ROAD RACING CONTENT
Fully Licensed Soundtrack Announced in Partnership with Universal Music
Larkspur, Calif. – April 27, 2017 – Codemasters & Deep Silver today released a new DiRT® 4™ gameplay trailer showcasing the breadth of racing that fans will be able to experience on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC via Steam for $59.99 on June 6th. You can view the new DiRT 4 gameplay trailer on the official website: http://www.dirt4game.com or directly on the official YouTube channel https://youtu.be/D-9JLHIqUfQ.
The new trailer features the track ‘Instigators’ by Grace Potter, one of the songs from the amazing in-game soundtrack that has been created for DiRT 4 in an exclusive partnership with Globe, Universal Music’s in-house sync team. The agreement with Globe will see more than 40 licensed tracks appear throughout the game, matching DiRT’s unique style and tone and includes exclusive tracks from artists such as The Amazons, Sigma, Freak and Pretty Vicious alongside tracks from The Chemical Brothers, Disclosure, Queens Of The Stone Age and Bastille.
With more than 50 iconic vehicles from the history of the sport to modern day, DiRT 4 challenges you to be fearless as you take on a variety of racing disciplines – rally, rallycross and landrush. The all-new DiRT Academy has also been added to the game which trains drivers in the skills you need in order to reach the top of the sport.
Featuring two different handling models, Gamer and Simulation, DiRT 4 offers both depth and accessibility for players old and new to the franchise. The game’s innovative Your Stage system allows you to produce a near infinite number of unique rally stages at the touch of a button. Your Stage allows experienced racing players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
- OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
- 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
- THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
- LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
- JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
- DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
- CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
- COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
- NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
- TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
- DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages, but with a finite amount of time available.
Keep up with all the news and follow updates from the studio on Facebook and Twitter.
# # #