Another day, another SEMA build preview! Today we get an early look at a concept that Gurnade and Hyundai are working on for the big show. Starting with the Hyundai Veloster, Gurnade is creating what they call a “race ready concept.” Though while the concept is dubbed as “race ready”, in certain performance areas modifications have been kept relatively subtle. Rather than do some kind of crazy crate-engine swap, Gurnade is looking to bring out more of the stock turbo-charged engine’s potential with a few key enhancements. Namely, a larger intercooler, downpipe, and cold air intake from 845 Motorsports. 845 Motorsports is also doing a custom ECU tune which will likely increase boost and tune the air and fuel to match the increased pressure.
The widebody treatment is a collaboration of parts from the likes of ARK performance, Seibon, Lightner Motorsports and more. The exterior will be sprayed with (likely several coats of) PPG Refinish Magic Magenta paint.
Rotiform will provide a set of 19-inch OZT three piece wheels which will be wrapped with Toyo Tires.
There is more going into this build as you can see in the press release below which contains the full spec-sheet. But based on the rendering (done by Jon Sibal) what do you think of the concept? Are you digging it? Or is it unimpressive? Let us know your thoughts in the comments or tweet to us at @MotorworldHype. For a better look at the concept click the thumbnail below for an HD sized picture.
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. Oct. 12, 2016 – Hyundai Motor America and Gurnade Inc. combined talents to develop the race-ready Gurnade Veloster Concept for the 2016 SEMA show. The Gurnade Veloster Concept takes the fundamentally-aggressive stance of the Veloster and magnifies it further with integrated flares, front splitter, racing canards, three-piece lightweight forged wheels and a custom rear spoiler.
“Gurnade has always been drawn to the uniquely aggressive lines of the production Veloster,” said Joshua Cloud, owner of Gurnade, Inc. “So when Hyundai approached us with the opportunity to develop one of their vehicles for SEMA, we didn’t hesitate to create the Gurnade Veloster Concept. It leverages all the strengths of the Veloster and takes it where we always envisioned it could go.”
Key modifications to the Gurnade Veloster Concept include:
- 845 Motorsports intercooler, downpipe and cold-air intake
- 845 Motorsports ECU tune
- Synapse blow-off valve
- ARK Performance cat-back exhaust
- NEO Motorsports coil-overs and 6-piston big brake kit
- Pierce Motorsports strut bar, rear torsion bar, and tie brace
- Rotiform 19-inch OZT three-piece forged wheels
- Toyo competition-spec tires
- PPG Refinish Magic Magenta paint
- Lightner Motorsports custom fender flares and grille
- EPR carbon-fiber front spoiler, side sills, and rear garnish
- Seibon carbon-fiber hood and hatch
- ARK Performance carbon-fiber spoiler
- Tippett Auto Design vented bumper cover
- Cappelletti Design custom headlamps and foglamps
- Front crash bar
- InShane Design paint protection
- Cobra Nogaro racing seats
- Takata racing harnesses
- Pierce Motorsports roll cage
- Glowshift gauges and LEDGlow lighting
- SoCal Garage Works carbon-fiber steering wheel
- Phoenix Gold subwoofer and amplifier with Stinger audio system wiring
- Creative Car-Tunes audio system
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 830 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle limited warranty, Hyundai’s 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance. Hyundai Blue Link Connected Care provides owners of Hyundai models equipped with the Blue Link telematics system with proactive safety and car care services complimentary for one year with enrollment. These services include Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostic Alert, Monthly Vehicle Health Report and In-Vehicle Service Scheduling.