Turn 10 Studios is giving Forza Horizon the limited edition treatment and are prepared to throw in a ton of extra goodies for those who drop the extra cash for the privlage. First of all starting today, Forza Horizon can be pre-ordered and when it is gamers automatically get a DLC code for a Forza Horizon themed Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 in Forza Motorsport 4. That little gift comes with both the limited edition and the regular one.
Pre-order customers will also get a “token” to instantly unlock one of the following cars: 2012 Aston Martin Virage, 2011 Mercedes Bens SLS AMG, 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia, and the 2010 Nissan 370Z. Once customers use their token, the car they pick will be instantly available to them in Forza Horizon. This token is also available to all pre-orders: limited edition or regular.
So, what exclusive goodies does the Limited Collector’s Edition come with? First of all you get a 5 car DLC pack right away (the car list will be announced later), 5 exclusive car liveries, “VIP” community membership, and a VIP “accellerator token pack”. The accelerator pack boosts your career along by giving early access to exotic cars, map unlocks, popularity boosts, and fast passes. In addition to all that, the game will also come in a special “steelbook” cover (as pictured above) instead of the regular green plastic case.
All in all it is not bad deal. If you pre-order you get two freebies no matter what, plus all the cool extra stuff with the Limited Collector’s Edition. However, if you are one of those people who are not about the pre-order thing for some reason then you can just wait until October 23rd (the official release date) to grab your copy.
“Forza Horizon” Pre-Order Details and Limited Collector’s Edition Unveiled
Pre-order “Forza Horizon” and hit the road in this year’s hottest racing game, “Forza Horizon,” available starting October 23
On October 23, it’s all about speed, style and freedom on the open road as “Forza Horizon”–recognized at E3 2012 by IGN, Destructoid, G4TV and Electronic Gaming Monthly as one of the most anticipated racing games of the year–hits the streets. Starting today, fans can pre-order the game at participating U.S. retailers and receive an Instant Incentive download code for a custom “Forza Horizon”-themed 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 that can be driven today in “Forza Motorsport 4:”*
- 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392: Remember the days when American muscle was all about straight line speed and knock-you-back-in-your-seat acceleration? Those days have returned with the 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392. With 470 horsepower and aggressive styling, the 2012 Dodge Challenger is beauty and brawn combined. Pre-order “Forza Horizon” and get your Dodge Challenger in “Forza Motorsport 4,” now at participating retailers.
In addition, fans who pre-order “Forza Horizon” at participating U.S. retailers will receive an additional token, while supplies last, to unlock one of the following four cars that will be instantly available when the game launches this October:
- 2012 Aston Martin Virage: Plush luxury meets awesome performance in the 2012 Aston Martin Virage. Comfortable enough for a long Sunday drive, yet sporting a blistering 490 horsepower V12, the Virage continues Aston Martin’s legacy of creating cars that deliver prestige and performance.
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: While Mercedes doesn’t refer to the new SLS AMG as the “Gullwing,” this car is absolutely the return of the famed automotive icon. With more than 560 horsepower, the SLS AMG is a track tamer nearly without equal, and its classic, sophisticated lines will attract car lovers of every stripe.
- 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia: A new Ferrari is always cause for celebration, and you can still hear the cheers from fans of the 458. The famed Italian automaker went above and beyond the call with this gorgeous example of road-devouring art. The 458 produces 562 horsepower and has a top speed over 200 mph, giving it the kind of performance needed to master the world’s greatest race tracks.
- 2010 Nissan 370Z: The long line of Z model cars has a prestigious history and loyal following, but anyone can appreciate the beauty and power of this Japanese masterpiece. The 370Z features grippy handling and drift-worthy rear wheel drive, motivated by a 3.7-liter, V6 with more than enough juice to excite even the most die-hard of sports car enthusiasts.
Become an Instant VIP with the Limited Collector’s Edition
Also available for pre-order today is the “Forza Horizon” Limited Collector’s Edition that includes a “Forza Horizon” branded Steelbook™ containing the game disc and a “Forza Horizon” Festival Ticket that grants access to a valuable assortment of exclusive in-game content, including VIP Membership for “Forza Horizon.”
VIP Membership opens up a new level of exciting content for “Forza Horizon” players, including an exclusive five-car VIP Pack available at launch (more details to be shared soon), special recognition in the Forza community and exclusive access to VIP-only in-game events.
The “Forza Horizon” Festival Ticket also unlocks additional digital content for “Forza Horizon,” accessible through Xbox LIVE, including:
- Five-car Launch Day Add-on Pack (more details to be shared soon)
- Five Exclusive “Forza Horizon” Limited Collector Edition Car Pack liveries
- “Forza Horizon” Accelerator Token Pack**
* “Forza Motorsport 4” game and Xbox LIVE account required to activate.
** “Forza Horizon” Accelerator tokens will allow you to speed up your career with instant access to exotic cars, in-game popularity spikes, fast passes and instant map unlocks.
For more information, stay up to speed online at http://www.forzamotorsport.net
Follow the franchise on Facebook and Twitter:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/forzamotorsport
- Twitter (#ForzaHorizon) http://twitter.com/turn10studios