In just a little over 3 months Gran Turismo 5 will officially reach stores (November 2nd) and its been a long time coming! Some of us have waited so long that finally getting our hands on a copy will be a special occasion. As such SCEA and Polyphony Digital decided to commemorate the event with a Special Editon box set that will also be released along with the standard edition.
When you crack open the Special Edition besides the game you also get a very limited edition 1:43 scale 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V model with GT5 Livery, a 300 page guide called “Apex” that covers everything from automotive history to driving techniques, a special etched GT5 keychain, a voucher for 5 exclusive DLC cars with upgrades, certificate of authenticity, and of course the obligatory special edition packaging.
The special edition will set you back $99.99 and is available for pre-order NOW. Which means you should be reading this post on your phone while you’re waiting in line at your local game store to get your name on the list because this “special edition” is also a limited edition! There will only be so many of these available!
Gran Turismo 5 Collector’s Edition Announcement
Today Sony Computer Entertainment America announced the Gran Turismo 5 Collector’s Edition, releasing on November 2 alongside the stand-alone version. The Collector’s Edition features a must-have collection of exclusive items hand-picked for Gran Turismo fans. Quantities will be limited, so serious Gran Turismo fans should pre-order their copy at their local retailer now.
Retailing for $99.99 SRP, the Collector’s Edition includes a 1:43 scale collectible diecast car, a 300-page guide to cars and racing techniques, a GT-branded key chain, a voucher for five (5) DLC cars, and a numbered certificate of authenticity, all housed in stylish, premium packaging.
Collector’s Edition Content Details:
- Gran Turismo® 5 game
- Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho
- In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital, covering everything from the history of the modern automobile to driving techniques and game reference material
- Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain
- Voucher for five (5) exclusive high-end cars with custom Gran Turismo livery and performance upgrades
- Numbered certificate of authenticity
- Custom collector’s packaging