This new TPMS system by STACK is in use by some top level NASCAR and F1 teams but there is no reason why you can’t set this up on your drift car and/or track car if you want a quality tire pressure monitoring system. I’m not talking out of my behind when I say this but STACK is pretty much the best stuff one could get! I could see a lot of Formula Drift teams getting use out of this by taking all the guess work out of dialing in optimal tire pressure.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TPMS IS PROVEN PERFORMANCE
22 MARCH 2010 – BICESTER, UK
Stack’s Battery-less TPMS systems completely redefines tyre pressure monitoring in motorsport. Based on patented SAW sensor technology, the problems associated with mounting batteries and complicated electronics in sensors on wheels have at last been completely eliminated.
Developed in-house at its Bicester, UK HQ, the system is already proving popular with teams looking to use fast, accurate analysis of tyre pressure and temperature data to improve both performance and safety. Dynamic tyre pressure monitoring while out on the track allows the team to optimise tyre performance over a whole lap and the whole race.
“A Tyre Pressure (and Temperature) Monitoring System is a proven performance enhancer! The right tyre pressures deliver consistent performance advantages in all levels of motorsport” said Stack’s Managing Director, Alan Rock.
Stack’s battery and wire-less system means unrivalled reliability and significantly reduced running costs with no user maintenance required during full service life. The Stack system is the smallest TPMS sensor on the market – 18mm diameter x 14mm depth (excl. valve stem); 10g weight.
Proven in the harshest environments, the flexible system supports a virtually unlimited number of wheel sets with just one module interrogating 1, 2 or 4 wheels – making it suitable for cars, trucks and bikes. output of pressures and temperatures allows easy integration with existing data-logging systems.
Stack’s TPMS Pro system is currently in use by the top flight of motorsport including a number of Formula 1 and NASCAR teams. TPMS continues Stack’s tradition of leading the way in the innovative use of new technologies and provide our customers with advanced, quality engineered products across Motorsport. Stack TPMS Key features include:
- No battery or sensor electronics – providing unrivalled reliability.
- No user maintenance required during full service life – significantly lowers runningcosts.
- 52mm display gauge provides comprehensive pressure and temperatureinformation and alarm warnings.
- User configurable minimum/maximum alarm levels for pressures and temperatures.
- Visual warning of cold tyres, and when they’re up to temperature.
- Module can interrogate 2 or 4 wheels – suitable for cars and bikes.
- Smallest TPMS sensor on the market – 18mm diameter x 14mm depth (excl. valve stem); 10g weight.
- Compact, lightweight interrogator module – 100mm x 72mm x 24mm; 140g.
- 1Hz update rate; 0.25 PSI / 1°C resolution; +/- 0.5 PSI / 2°C accuracy.
CAN datalogging output of pressures and temperatures.