Bentley announced today that they would be releasing their “Final Series” Arnage this year and it will make its debut at the Paris Motor Show. As the name suggests this will be the last run of the Arnage which has been a baller-status symbol for decades.
In true Bentley fashion the Final Series will have an extremely limited run of only 150 cars and will have special edition name plates (see above) as well as a few styling cues which combine features from the Arnage T and the Arnage R.
Bentley says that the reason why they’re phasing out the Arnage is to make room for a new flagship car. More than likely they have something in the works to go up against the Rolls Royce Phantom (ultra baller-mobile). I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
In the meantime I have to go console Jay Z he was pretty upset about this…
Check out the press release below
Bentley Arnage Final Series
24 September, 2008 (Crewe, 24 September 2008)
Since its debut in 1998 the Arnage has conveyed an air of sophisticated understatement as the four-door flagship of the Bentley range. Over the last decade the car has undergone a process of constant refinement to its body, design, chassis and powertrain to maintain its class-leading position in the high luxury market.
- Handcrafted at Bentley, Crewe, Arnage Final Series is an exclusive run of 150 cars, celebrating the last of Arnage
- Combining the performance of the T with the refinement of the R, Arnage Final Series is the ultimate expression of class-leading luxury and effortless power
- Arnage Final Series is the culmination of 90 years of Bentley heritage and marks the 50th anniversary of the company’s iconic V8 engine
- Arnage Final Series also signals the end of an era as Bentley prepares for the future
(Crewe, 24 September 2008) Since its debut in 1998 the Arnage has conveyed an air of sophisticated understatement as the four-door flagship of the Bentley range. Over the last decade the car has undergone a process of constant refinement to its body, design, chassis and powertrain to maintain its class-leading position in the high luxury market.
To celebrate 10 years of the Arnage, 50 years of its mighty V8 engine and 90 years of the marque, Bentley Motors will launch its limited edition model at the Paris Motor Show next week.
Called the Bentley Arnage Final Series, the new model features a unique specification, combining the performance of the 500 bhp Arnage T with the refinement of the Arnage R and design elements from the Brooklands coupe, for the ultimate expression of British luxury and effortless power in a four-door saloon – a grand finale, for the grandest of Bentleys.
Hand crafted at Bentley’s Crewe facility, the Final Series is an exclusive run of 150 cars, a unique example of the marque’s flagship created to bid ‘farewell’ to the highly successful Arnage line in the most appropriate manner and style. Bentley Chairman and Chief Executive, Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen, explains:
“For 10 years, Arnage has enjoyed extraordinary success at the pinnacle of the luxury saloon market. The Final Series is a celebration of the Arnage era as Bentley prepares for the next generation of its flagship model.”
BENTLEY ARNAGE FINAL SERIES – NEWS IN BRIEF
- Limited production run of 150 cars
- Arnage T powertrain with 6 ¾ litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine, producing 500 bhp and 1000 Nm of torque
- Six-speed ZF automatic transmission with sophisticated locking torque converter provides fast yet ultra-smooth gearshifts
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) logic system improves dynamic response and handling with less intrusive intervention when a reduction in grip is detected
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System fitted as standard
- Exterior design styling changes include:
o 20-inch five-spoke alloy wheels
o Retractable ‘Flying B’ bonnet mascot
o Body coloured headlamp bezels
o Dark tint matrix upper and lower grilles
o Lower front wing air vents
o ‘FINAL SERIES’ badge on front wings
o Bentley ‘Jewel’ fuel filler cap
o Twin exhaust tail pipes
- Interior design enhancements include:
o ‘FINAL SERIES’ treadplates to front doors
o Drilled alloy brake and accelerator pedals
o Waistrails with inset chrome strip and recessed Bentley marque badges (for the first time on Arnage)
o Rear cocktail cabinet and document stowage trimmed in hide
o FINAL SERIES stainless steel flask and shot glasses
o Two picnic tables available in a range of premium unbleached veneers
- Four Bentley umbrellas with wooden handles
- Further enhancements to the standard Final Series specification include:
o Large display audio head unit with Secure Digital (SD) memory card slot
o Removable rear cup holders for rear centre armrest
o Hide covered boot rail
- Further enhancements to the Final Series optional specification include:
o iPod interface
o Rear remote control for infotainment system
o Naim for Bentley audio system: 1100W, 10 speakers and next-generation Digital Signal Processing (DSP) with 8 modes to create the world’s best in-car sound stage.
Naim for Bentley world class audio system – delivers the world’s best in-car sound stage. Created in partnership with Bentley by Naim Audio, a UK-based high end hi-fi manufacturer, this system features 10 speakers, a dual channel sub-woofer and a 1100 Watt amplifier – the world’s most powerful production unit fitted in a car. Bentley is also the first car manufacturer to use a next-generation Digital Signal Processor (DSP) in its audio system which features eight individual modes to reproduce true emotions and a ‘live’ concert-like experience.
NEW FEATURE ENHANCEMENTS
Arnage Final Series buyers will also benefit from a range of standard and optional feature enhancements. Standard enhancements include:
- New audio head unit – with larger display screen and an SD (secure digital) memory card slot instead of the single CD slot.
- New rear cup holders – displaying Bentley craftsmanship, these removable cup holders attach to the front edge of the rear centre armrest, or can be stored inside the armrest.
- New hide covered boot rail – features coordinated leather trim and a chrome strip along the top edge.
- New optional enhancements available at extra cost:
- iPod Interface – links to the Infotainment system and enables customers to play their favourite music through the car’s audio system. Supplied with connectors for iPod, USB, Mini USB and a 3.5mm AUX jack. Includes a 12 volt power outlet for charging purposes.
- Rear remote control – enables the rear seat passengers to control the infotainment system. When not in use it can be stored in a dedicated pouch inside the rear centre armrest.